For the last couple of years I have been asked to present to 2nd year education students on Blogs, Wikis and Podcasts. It is always tight to leave my lessons at work and get there by 4:00pm. Also I park miles away to avoid paying the meters and I have to walk quickly to get there. The walk in itself is not a problem but it is if you follow my other blog.
I was asked do I need a place for my notes and I did not have any. I was just going to talk my way through the powerpoint. I did not even think of taking notes. I have in the past. This made me think that they might have wanted a more academic presentation. It was not to be because I wanted to show all the examples I have on using technology in the classroom, show the Web 2.0 tools that they can learn to use and hopefully inspire them to have a go themselves.
Not sure how I went . I did have some academic stuff but I just rushed through it and said they could read it themselves. I am not sure if that is what they wanted but it is what I presented.
A few observations:
1. I spotted one guy having a snooze.
2. I did not like being trapped by the microphone.
3. There is still a lot to do to spread the word about Web 2.0.
4. Thanks to my Twitter friends who popped in to say hi at the beginning of the lecture.
5. I think I am too free spirited to be an academic.
6. It is strange having partially empty lecture theatres.