This is mainly for my reference – Moodle man write about this in another venue and I need to keep it. Hence it is here. Thanks as Julian.
- MrCute – This allows you to set up a repository to search and deploy TLF learning objects within Moodle
- Feedback – Conduct surveys within your class or school. We are doing an all student Survey as we speak
- Podcast – Deploy podcasts through Moodle. I have nearly a dozen teachers now podcasting to their students .
- Game – Turn any quiz into a game. Included options are:
- Who wants to be a millionaire
- Snakes and ladders
- Hangman (we changed this to HangMouse to be more kid friendly
- And more….
- Simple Blog – The ability to add activity specific blogs. Great for role play, reflection journals and assessment journals.
- Book – This is a must have! Create multi page web resources. Every teacher who has seen it uses it
- MyCourse Block – A block that allows students to access their courses from a sideblock with a simple folder interfcae. Saves alot of space
- CourseMenu – Replaces the 4 different Admin Style blocks with a simple control panel. Hard to describe but my teachers love it as it really simplifies administration.
- Ajax Google Search block – Search Google and have the results live displayed within a block.
- My Marking Block – A block that shows teachers what has been submitted by students for marking without having to trawl through courses to find out..A huge time saver
- MultiMovie filter – Allows teachers to embed teachertube, Youtube and google video without needing to use embed code.
(which all good Admins should have disallowed anyways)
- Wikipedia Filter – Automatically link to wikipedia terms. (controversial with librarians, but I do believe worth it)
- Geogebra Filter – Automatically embeds geogebra files
- Jmol Filter – Embeds freely available jmol files which create fully interactive 3d modules of molecules
- Accordion – A must have for larger courses. Opens and closes topics like an accordion or easier viewing
- Pages Format – Good for more advanced teachers as it gives complete control of the course page design. You can even put blocks like the calendar in the middle of the page!
- Mahara – An open source external portfolio system that talks natively with Moodle using XML-RPC.